viernes, 29 de junio de 2007

OUR CLASSES DEMONSTRATIONS!


In this course I was asked to make two different demonstrations, the first one was related to presentation, process, and production stages within a single class (PPP), in which I learnt a lot about controlled/less controlled activities, and I had also the chance to create innovative strategies to put students` minds to work freely as in the startegie I used (picture dictation). Well, in my opinion it was just great and my partners also enjoyed the activity a lot. Then, I work in a reading demonstration, which my group and I chose horoscope as a topic that engages all people.
In that demostartion I was the one who has to start (pre-reading stage) and I decided to ask students about their birthday date and continue by making as brainstorm inorden to get the class` main predictions. In here, it is important to remark that even though we had some discrepancies between the predictions and the actual piece of reading we chose, I felt satisfied with our job and the most important thing: I realized about the mistakes I usually commit when make my students dealing with a reading activity.
Finally, I want to say that these demonstrations really gave me a new conception about teaching. I mean, I knew teaching was not an easy task to do with, but by preparing demostrations I have realized that we need more than simple vocation to prepare and develop good English classes. Consequently, we -as teachers- need to search, create, prepare in advance and discuss whatever we want to teach our unique groups of students, especially teenagers.

No hay comentarios: