martes, 26 de junio de 2007

Impression on ELT before taking this course.


Regarding the way I perceived ELT before studying methodology, I must say that I didn’t change my mind so much, because through my entire career, I have been taught how to make presentations, and I also have had the opportunity to see our teachers’ performance who though their mistakes have been the best models I could have. In addition, I had the opportunity to work on with web sides when attended reading and writing II, and of course, I have been asked to use my emails to communicate with teachers and deal with homeworks, self assessment, co-evaluation and peer-correction too. However, it is important to remark that this course has showed me innovative ways to get our students involved in English classes and to help them how to learn more. For instance, the different demonstrations I have prepared in this course have been very useful to work with the four skills (listening, writing, speaking and reading) efficiently. Besides, it was a great idea to teach us how to deal with a web blog, which in my personal opinion is ONE of the most interesting issues in this subject because by using the network and designing different strategies to teach English (ELT) educators not only manage to approach their students and achieve great participation during classes but also evaluate students by using realistic activities as the one they like very much such as chatting, watching cartoon, listening to music etc.

2 comentarios:

Nahir dijo...

Congratulations Yeimic!

I love the pictures in your blog, it looks colorful.

Your insights show your obervation skill has develop through the course of your studies. What you say about your teachers' mistakes is true, we can learn from others' mistakes and try not to repeat them. We can also see the good things they've done and try to improve them.

Keep up with the good work.

Nahir
__

Viktor Carrasquero dijo...

Hi, babes!
Love the layout of your blog! Nice views on what we have done so far in ELT Meth... Hope everything gets just better and better 4 ya...
Viktor